Being in the middle of a healing crises during the holidays isn’t fun, especially when surrounded by foods that are NOT helpful to your anti-inflammatory cause. Communicate ahead of time to your family what you can have at holiday meals. Below are the top 5 foods you can eat this holiday season.
Top 5 Foods You Can Eat This Holiday:
- Variations of Chia Seed Pudding with coconut milk. Chia seeds are miniature powerhouses packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more omega-3’s than salmon.
- Variations of sauteed Swiss Chard and Bok Choy. Swiss Chard is extremely high in vitamins A, C, and K, which can protect your brain against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Recent studies show that boy chop contains over 70 antioxidant phenolic substances.
- Variations of sauteed/baked beets and broccoli. Beet benefits include repairing cells and adding high levels of inflammation-fighting potassium and magnesium to the diet. Broccoli is an antioxidant powerhouse with key vitamins, flavonoids and carotenoids. Beets and broccoli work together to lower oxidative stress in the body and help reduce chronic inflammation.
- Variations of sauteed or baked salmon. Salmon is an excellent source of essential fatty acids and is considered one of the best sources of anti-inflammatory omega-3’s.
- Tumeric ginger chai tea. Turmeric’s primary compound, curcumin, is its active anti-inflammatory component. Ginger is another immune modulator that helps reduce inflammation caused by overactive immune responses.
Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your Family from All of Us at Calypso Natural Clinic!
If you are local to the McMinnville area, we welcome you to call us for a complimentary phone consult to see if naturopathic care is right for you: (503) 472-5500